Energy Harvesting Micro Module
The Energy Harvesting Micro Module is a small form factor energy harvester evaluation board targeting low power embedded applications where the main or auxiliary power requirements are fulfilled by means of thermoelectric generator(s) (TEGs) or a photovoltaic device. Low voltage (430mV) start-up capability enable harvesting operation from high impedance, low voltage ambient sources.
The evaluation board consists of two main blocks:
- Boost MPPT DC-DC converter
- Power meter with digital output
The ADEH-MM-B DC-DC output provides regulated voltage for low power microcontrollers or sensors while the on-board charger controller can be used for battery charging. Additional benefit is the low standby current which is typically 1uA in shutdown mode.
- Low voltage startup Vin=430mV (5.0V max, Vin > Vout capable)
- Fixed output voltage Vout=3.0V
- Auxiliary Battery Charger output VBATT=3.1V
- Power output – Pout MAX=500mW (Vin=2.5V)
- On-board 47uF storage capacitor maintaining Vout
- MPPT configuration resistors (default: solar)
- On –board digital power meter (I2C output)
- Breadboard compatible form factor (0.1” pitch)
- Edgeplated connections
- Additional through-hole for direct connection of TEG module wires